Monday, February 25, 2013

The Craziness of Life

Silver Linings Playbook just wrecked me. Have you ever been wrecked by a movie? For example, the last 10 or 15 minutes of the movie I got up and walked out and went to the bathroom it got so weird for me. I never do that. I haven't done that since I was a kid watching horror movies. But this one really got me. I think it's because I have met many people in my life that had various psychological issues. And you usually feel pretty helpless because there usually isn't a lot you can do to help them other than hope they make it through the day and the next and the next without killing anyone or themselves. I think this is why the movie upset me. I once had a girlfriend in 1969 who just came back from Haight Ashbury in San Francisco. She was young and I was naive and didn't know about all this kind of stuff yet. She tried to jump out of my 1968 Camaro as I drove down the freeway at 70 mph in Los Angeles. The only reason she didn't succeed and die was that I was stronger than she was and the steering wheel didn't break off from the stress of me holding onto it with one hand and preventing her from jumping out with the other. I was pretty traumatized for about 3 days from that. But when she got home she just got ready and went to work but I was a wreck. So, a few experiences with friends like this when you least expect them and you would be pretty upset and freaked out too.

No comments: