Even though it will be very difficult for many people maybe the sequester actually was the best way to handle this situation after all. Imagine being in President Obama's shoes. You know you have to reduce the size of government because business to a greater or lesser degree is moving to places like China and Korea because of lower wages paid those places and others and because Globalization has sucked the very marrow out of the bones of the U.S. and Europe. So, what do you do?
Since you are a really brilliant president like Clinton was, you figure out of plan to reduce the deficit one way or they other. You and the Democrats and the Republicans come up with the idea of the Sequester. You publicly say, "This is crazy but if we don't agree to another plan 'which hopefully we will this will happen." And then you publicly tell the public that this cannot happen because it is stupid 'which it is'. Then you wait to see if the Republicans and Democrats can agree to ANYTHING which they can't. And now as of March 1st the Sequestor happens and about 1 million defense jobs likely will temporarily or permanently end in the next 6 months. So, was this a good thing or a bad thing? Likely Both. We needed to reduce government costs and this wasn't going to be popular for either party as a result. But, it was necessary but not acceptable to the America People.
But, because it is so very complicated that no one really understands it very well and involves Billions of dollars of cuts, the average person isn't going to notice it until they have to wait for hours extra to take off in a plane or when someone needs help from the Coast guard and their boat sinks and they drown or when someone is waiting to be rescued before they are killed in another country and the die because of a lack of funding etc. etc. etc.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge