Thursday, February 21, 2019

What is Real?

This is different for each individual and life form on earth.

Reality is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I have been around both cynics and optimists and what I have found is if you are over 40 if you don't surround yourself with optimists you likely will be dead soon.

But, this was a hard won realization for me especially in my 20s when I was just as cynical as everyone else I knew then. But, the near death of suicide started to change how I saw things. I began to notice as I moved through life that people that were more optimistic didn't tend to become on drugs or alcohol or homeless as much as those who were ultimately cynical.

So, in some ways being too cynical is a death sentence to many people.

It's not that you want to be "pie in the sky unrealistic" it's that without a positive attitude often there is no hope at all for your or your future.

So, believing in yourself or believing in God or something or some higher power or Buddha or something and having some positive view of reality will often save your life.

But, often if people have too much PTSD experiences of their lives being threatened too much growing up or near death experiences, often they might no be able to overcome these things.

But then, I often meet people who have been through really horrific times growing up and they perservere and are okay too.

It seems like 1 out of 3 people are going to succeed no matter what.

It seems like another 1 out of the 3 is going to succeed given the right help in life.

It also seems like the last 1 out of 3 isn't going to succeed no matter how much help they are given.

When you look around you this appears to be just the way life really is.

So, defining which one you are might be helpful in how you choose to live your lives.

But, I can say that NEVER GIVING UP NO MATTER WHAT is the hall mark of one who always survives ANYTHING in life.

So, if you are determined enough, you likely can survive anything that comes and this might need to be people's actual goals if they want to live to old age.

By God's Grace

No comments: