Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Beautiful Day!

I realized at about 10 am this morning I was going to drive to Mt. Shasta today. I felt great and enough things got done where I could actually go and it would be okay. So, I loaded up my truck and left.

The day was gorgeous where I live on the coast and was at least 65 or 70 Fahrenheit as I left home. I wondered if it would be too hot to go without putting shorts on. However, there is always air conditioning in my truck which was helpful today. The temperature inland going up Interstate 5 reached 86 degrees which isn't a summer temperature that much but still nice and the air was clear and the Grass was green from where I live to Mt. Shasta. Also, I was talking to a friend and noticed a pinkish purple bush blooming. My friend said that is called Red Bud. I had never heard it called that before. (I guess you learn something new every day) (I do that quite often doing research for articles and just in life) which makes life interesting some days.

So, the traffic was okay except for a little slow going between Stockton and Sacramento but after that it was fine the rest of the way up. Good timing. I reached Mt. Shasta before sundown where it is supposed to be 80 or more the next two days and 90 or more in Redding already.

No comments: