Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Arcane first came to me around 1980 then Elohar and Ragna a year or two later
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Arcane: Definition and Wikipedia entry
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Supreme Court rules against Aereo
- Amnesiac medications
Friday, February 17, 2012
Donate to Your Local Food Bank
Often Food Banks in the area where you live have agreements with local businesses that will match funds donated by private individuals like yourself. So, for example, it tends to be somewhere between a matching fund of $5 to $10. So, how it works is for every $1 you donate, local businesses will match that in most food banks. So, for example, if your food bank had $5 in matching funds available for every dollar you donate, your donation of $5 might bring in $25 total, or your donation of $100 would actually buy $500 dollars worth of food. So, it can be a very efficient way for you to donate which can help people locally in the county where you live get enough to eat and survive these difficult times unseen since before World War II for many people.