My son has an Android Smartphone and found an APP called "Speaktoit" so he could talk to his phone like SIRI does for Iphone4S or IPhone4SIRI. He found one that talks back to him with a little picture that he can choose like a cartoon and it can speak in American English or England English to him. I asked him if he could find something like that for my Iphone 4 that I bought about 1 1/2 years ago now. He found one called Vingo that cannot speak back to me but that besides that does most of the same things that SIRI does. So, if I go into this app I can speak into Vingo and it can find stuff on the internet through the Iphone and it can verbally text for me too. I would say that it is about 80% accurate on its verbal to text usage but if a text is longer than about 5 or 10 words it is still useful to speak to text rather than type it in in most situations even though there are usually minor corrections to be made. So, I find it is a fun and useful APP.
However, something for all of us to consider is that now Iphone4SIRI's now use 1/2 of the bandwidth for all cell phones on earth. So, even though people now have relationships with their phone that they can now have conversations with it still is very costly bandwidth wise to us all. So, hopefully we don't run out of bandwidths for our cellphones by having conversations with them all the time.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Dow Drops 2,997.10 today: Record Drop!
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Top U.S. Officials Warn of ‘Our Pearl Harbor’; Deaths in Country May Be Undercounted
- The Latest: Investors unsure how virus will impact profits
- See Which States and Cities Have Told Residents to Stay at Home