Life is always a surprise. I think more than anything this is what young people need to expect in life. Because if you plan out your whole life and what it is going to look like you are bound to be disappointed in multiple ways. So, rather than be disappointed maybe a better point of view might be the pioneering philosophy of those that actually survived the colonization of America which is: "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best". Because the more detailed your plans are the more unlikely they are to come true. Because EVERYTHING that happens in life is mostly unexpected. So, maybe the best point of view is that "Life is an adventure that I hope I can survive and enjoy as much as possible!" might be the single most useful point of view for long term survival.
When I was 20 years old I planned my whole life around one particular girl and career. When the girl and I broke up I realized that all my plans were over and possibly my whole life. So, I came to the painful realization that life actually is: "Always expect the unexpected!" So, looking upon life as an ongoing adventure with nothing actually going the way you might think started to make my life really fun by the time I was about 30 and got over all my unrealistic expectations which makes most people's 20s really hell and for some unsurvivable. So, maybe the better long term survival strategy is: "LIfe is an adventure, so prepare for anything and enjoy the ride!" Because it might be over quicker than you might realize so enjoy it while you can.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Where the surfer died from the Shark
- found more info on Vaccine! UK and Germany start Coronavirus Vaccine Trial: Indian PHarma will also play big role
- We can take action or lose the drugs we have: Jean Patel regarding antibiotics
- researcher in India designs potential covid-19 VACCINE CANDIDATES