Since I'm a believer in synchronicity when my wife handed me: "The Dalai Lama's Little Book of Wisdom" for Valentines Day I opened it at random expecting a treat from the universe. Sure enough, here it is: begin quote from page 118:
"There are various positive side effects from enhancing one's feeling of compassion. One of them is that the greater your force of compassion, the greater your resilience in confronting hardships and your ability to transform them into more positive conditions".
This is my experience as well. Around 1980 I realized that the highest and most useful path for me was a path of compassion. I had looked around at other more competitive paths towards enlightenment and found them failing humanity for the most part. So, I decided that the single most useful path was a path of compassion towards all life in the universe. When you move on this kind of path your love and compassion for all life in the universe also positively affects your own mental and physical and spiritual health first as well because anything you feel or think about any other part of life affects you first. So, the more you hate any part of life the quicker you die from that hate. This is just a given in life. So, compassion even from this point of view increases your life span and sanity if that is what you want in life. So, I have never regretted embarking on a path of compassion towards all life in the universe. This path has constantly saved my life and made me more fortunate in every way along with everyone I know.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- Elohar when she was 9 which would be around 7000 AD on the first timeline: (We are now on Timeline 2)
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems
- Oghuzes, Pechenegs, Bashkirs, and Khazars: Wikipedia
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Saw Lea Michele in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade