Because a criminal well trained in installing a card scanner illegally into a Gas pump can do this in 20 seconds (usually during the middle of the night when no one at all is there).
So, because everyone (including a good friend of mine now) has lost money to this fraud, she is ONLY going to buy gas inside a gas station after this. (except in extreme emergencies). In fact this friend's point of view is maybe to ONLY buy gas with cash after this experience.
If you multiply this experience by millions of other people in the U.S. you can see how ATM and Credit Car readers at the gas pumps may soon become a thing of the past here in the U.S. and around the world.
The ATM and Card Scanners criminals install has blue tooth that relays the card numbers through the air to another device nearby.
My friend and millions of other people have had to replace their cards and numbers and likely millions more will have to do this before this problem is better resolved by removing card readers from the pumps entirely. Because of the pervasiveness of this problem I really see no long term solution but ending card readers at the pumps over time.
One potential solution: would be a burglar alarm installed on all pumps that would go off if they are broken into.
However, then you would have police having to go to gas stations all the time in the middle of the night trying to catch card number thieves.
So, possibly remote cameras combined with burglar alarms on all pumps. However, because that could be very expensive you likely would only see this at the highest priced gas stations nationwide.
In the meantime my thought is that card readers won't be around 5 to 10 years from now at gas station pumps. But I might be wrong because of all the variables present.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday