1. knowledge becomes known by one or more people.
2. Through various media this knowledge spreads around the world
3. researchers of various disciplines get ideas for further research in their respective areas
4. buyers of technology experiment with different technologies which perfects usually those technologies into being better than they were before.
5. Technology itself begins to design itself and surpasses all human beings on earth.
Conclusion: We are already there.
You might say we are at the beginning of this stage 5 but it must be recognized that Technology is already designing itself in various different ways.
And because most people aren't aware of how this is being done already they likely won't know how it can destroy or maim their lives until it is too late.
In fact those who have designed this technology often don't know how it will destroy life on earth either.
So, the feedback loop towards the survival of the human race is broken (at least for now).
Trump is only ONE example of a broken feedback loop where lying is involved.
But, the more dangerous one is in technology where so much (an amazing amount) is being hidden from the average person here on earth. This then endangers all life on earth ongoing.
Without enough truth, not only the inventors of this technology will die from the technology but also all life on earth eventually.
A Thought project would be to watch "Ex machina" if you haven't already to better understand all this: (but remember one has to consider this to be somewhat of a horror movie regarding robots).
Other useful movies would be like "The whole Terminator Series since 1984
The Terminator is a 1984 American science fiction film directed by James Cameron. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, a cyborg assassin sent ...