Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Rain coming in!

I was distracted by blogging and listening to CNN on TV at the same time so I didn't hear the rain beating hard on our backyard deck through the open French sliding Doors to our deck that I had open for the first really true fresh air in over a week now because of smoke from fires. So, I checked and sure enough rain was coming in from the screens on the sliders. So, I had to run to the bathroom and get a bath mat to sop up the rain from the Golden Oak Flooring in the Living room. So, I succeeded in sopping up the rain that blew in the French sliding doors from the Deck. So, I was happy I hadn't caused any damage by leaving them open so long. It wasn't  too bad after all by not hearing the rain come down hard all of a sudden which it kept up for at least 1/2 an hour cleaning the air and deck of most impurities so breathing now is wonderful here where I live with the smoke completely gone washed into the earth at least for now by the rain.

Also, I think this is a Pineapple express storm from the area of Hawaii because it is so warm outside. But the next storm to hit is much colder which is a northern storm I believe and could bring up to 6 feet of snow because it is bringing up to 6 inches of rain to the Sierras in some places. So, I worry about anyone who hasn't been listening to TV or radio weather reports that might be hiking in the Sierras this late in the year at altitude.

It brings back memories of the Blizzard of Christmas Vacation 1970 where my friends and I got caught in a Blizzard white out on Mt. Shasta where if one of us hadn't known how to build a snow cave  for shelter none of us likely would be alive now.

No comments: