This is why there were so many deaths especially by people 80 years old or older. The reason was they had no warning and it was early in the morning before most of them even got up. So, likely when the fire killed them they might not have even been awake yet when they first might have realized something was wrong. The people who survived mostly were going to school or work. But, those retired with no set reason to wake up early would have a much higher chance of being burned alive with no real warning.
Then there was another problem. A Traffic jam on the only road out of the valley that was paved. But, people who abandoned their cars and trees that might have fallen down while burning blocked this road until a Bulldozer from Cal Fire unblocked the way. Many of the cars were melting especially the plastic around the lights front and rear and some of the door and side mirrors were melting.
So, even if you knew something was wrong and were trying by running or riding a bicycle or a motorcycle or car or truck out of the area your way often was blocked by panicked abandoned drivers caught in traffic or trees on fire coming down until bulldozers could push everything out of the way so you could drive your melting car (from the fire) out of there. These were the lucky ones who survived and got away without being burned alive.
The Camp Fire started at sunrise and was first reported at 6:33 AM on Thursday November 8th 2018.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- Elohar when she was 9 which would be around 7000 AD on the first timeline: (We are now on Timeline 2)
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- GM president: Electric cars won't go mainstream until we fix these problems
- Oghuzes, Pechenegs, Bashkirs, and Khazars: Wikipedia
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265