If you believe in reincarnation the way Tibetan Monks are taught to develop infinite compassion is to see all beings (humans, animals, insects, birds, fish, Starfish, whales, dolphins anything living) as having once been your mother. In this way (if you believe in reincarnation it is a powerful way to develop compassion for all beings in the physical universe.
However, if you don't presently believe in reincarnation maybe this might help. I have given this prayer millions and millions of times now since the early 1980s. I visualize this prayer already manifest for all beings in the past, present and future of the physical universe when I run this through my mind or out loud as a prayer:
"May all beings attain bliss and the cause of bliss
May all beings be free of suffering and the Cause of Suffering
May all beings never be without the supreme bliss that is free
of all near and far all grasping and aversion."
Not One Being left behind
By this merit may I become like all the Buddhas and the Bodhisattvas of the
Ten directions and the Three Times.
By God's Grace
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Kurzweil Graph of exponential growth of computing
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- Amnesiac medications
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Are Xanax and Valium and other similar drugs the next opioid Crisis? Yes, it's already here.