If you believe in reincarnation the way Tibetan Monks are taught to develop infinite compassion is to see all beings (humans, animals, insects, birds, fish, Starfish, whales, dolphins anything living) as having once been your mother. In this way (if you believe in reincarnation it is a powerful way to develop compassion for all beings in the physical universe.
However, if you don't presently believe in reincarnation maybe this might help. I have given this prayer millions and millions of times now since the early 1980s. I visualize this prayer already manifest for all beings in the past, present and future of the physical universe when I run this through my mind or out loud as a prayer:
"May all beings attain bliss and the cause of bliss
May all beings be free of suffering and the Cause of Suffering
May all beings never be without the supreme bliss that is free
of all near and far all grasping and aversion."
Not One Being left behind
By this merit may I become like all the Buddhas and the Bodhisattvas of the
Ten directions and the Three Times.
By God's Grace
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling