Thursday, November 29, 2018

I think this section above Lakehead is a problem with fire damage flooding with rains now



NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM 6.5 MI NORTH OF LAKEHEAD /AT LAMOINE RD/ TO 7.5 MI NORTH OF LAKEHEAD /AT POLLARD FLAT/ (SHASTA CO) FROM 0600 HRS TO 1800 HRS MONDAY THRU SATURDAY - DUE TO EMERGENCY REPAIRS
This is from a Caltrans emergency notice regarding Interstate 5:
A Few weeks ago I drove south from Portland and Mt. Shasta through this section and this section was burned off I believe in the Delta Fire. So, they were doing repairs when i was there to prevent I -5 from being closed north and south during heavy rains through mudslides caused by the fires and rain combined. However, when I saw this area I realized that heavy rains would likely either close the freeway completely sometimes this winter and spring or it might be reduced to one lane traffic north or south just from looking at the severity of the burned areas and knowing what I do about California Flash Flooding over the years.

No comments: