For example, in the Southeast of the U.S. where incomes often lag behind the rest of the country are likely going to take the brunt of flooding and hurricanes and coastal erosion from storm surges during storms and hurricanes year after year now. This likely will reduce property values in the South East too so this will likely cause even more people who cannot afford these storms and flooding to be harmed in the long run as well.
And as people move into the country and into forests from Colorado to California to Arizona to southern Oregon, more and more people will have their homes burned down in cities and hamlets built more closely into forests. And often these same people tend to be more retired or on disability than other areas as well. So, the people who might be the least able to adapt to serious changes are those who most likely will be the most affected in the end in all these calamities from Hurricanes to storm surges to Fires in the western States. And because property values are less away from oceans which is the most expensive property in California (relatively speaking) you have the same problems of the people who will least be able to afford disasters experiencing them more and more like in the Southeast of the U.S.
This same dynamic is true around the world and will continue to go on and get more and more extreme over time everywhere.
For example, because Miami is so close to sea level (only about 6 feet at most in elevation except for elevated dirt burms people are building.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling