10 feet of water got into the basement where the generators are and flooded them out so 200 patients are being evacuated to another hospital at this time because there is no primary or backup power at this location anymore. They are carrying the patients down 15 floors with flashlights and the patients are intensive care units, neonatal units, and pediatric intensive care units including 4 newborns on manual pumping of air into their lungs by nurses.
13 people are dead throughout the Northeast and 6,500,000 electrical customers are without power in temperatures that will average in lows tonight of about 38 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, a customer means 1 house or business so that house could have an average of 2 to 4 people living in it. So, if you multiply 6,500,000 customers by 2, 3, or 4 you get a better idea of just how many people might not have heat or lights or refrigerators or TV or Radio or Internet tonight.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Arcane first came to me around 1980 then Elohar and Ragna a year or two later
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Arcane: Definition and Wikipedia entry
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Supreme Court rules against Aereo
- Amnesiac medications