quote from page 20 of Fareed Zacharia's article called "The New Oil and Gas Boom" Time magazine October 29, 2012.
"---The U.S.'s greenhouse gas emissions in 2011 were 9% lower than in 2007. That's a larger drop than in the European Union, with all its focus on renewables. Why? A slow recover and lagging demand is one answer. But the main reason is that natural gas is replacing coal everywhere as an energy source, and gas emits half as much carbon dioxide as coal."
So, the new dynamics have really changed the energy basis in the U.S. just since Obama has been in office. If there had been a different president would the results be the same. It is hard for me to say. However, under Obama there is a 9% drop in U.S. Greenhouse gas emissions and that is a fact.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Senator: Zoom Deceived Users Over Its Security Claims
- Designating "Self driving Cars" as being "Fully Autonomous" will create a more dangerous outcome for riders in these cars: Why?
- Biden says he sees no evidence cyberattack is under control
- All Face Creams including Sun Block now have Nanotechnology in them
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- Castor oil- Wikipedia
- 'Why aren't they home?': Lake Tahoe struggles to keep winter vacationers at bay
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265