quote from page 20 of Fareed Zacharia's article called "The New Oil and Gas Boom" Time magazine October 29, 2012.
"---The U.S.'s greenhouse gas emissions in 2011 were 9% lower than in 2007. That's a larger drop than in the European Union, with all its focus on renewables. Why? A slow recover and lagging demand is one answer. But the main reason is that natural gas is replacing coal everywhere as an energy source, and gas emits half as much carbon dioxide as coal."
So, the new dynamics have really changed the energy basis in the U.S. just since Obama has been in office. If there had been a different president would the results be the same. It is hard for me to say. However, under Obama there is a 9% drop in U.S. Greenhouse gas emissions and that is a fact.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- February 3 coronavirus news
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!
- Poll: 31% of Republicans want a different presidential nominee in …