quote from page 20 of Fareed Zacharia's article called "The New Oil and Gas Boom" Time magazine October 29, 2012.
"---The U.S.'s greenhouse gas emissions in 2011 were 9% lower than in 2007. That's a larger drop than in the European Union, with all its focus on renewables. Why? A slow recover and lagging demand is one answer. But the main reason is that natural gas is replacing coal everywhere as an energy source, and gas emits half as much carbon dioxide as coal."
So, the new dynamics have really changed the energy basis in the U.S. just since Obama has been in office. If there had been a different president would the results be the same. It is hard for me to say. However, under Obama there is a 9% drop in U.S. Greenhouse gas emissions and that is a fact.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Where the surfer died from the Shark
- found more info on Vaccine! UK and Germany start Coronavirus Vaccine Trial: Indian PHarma will also play big role
- researcher in India designs potential covid-19 VACCINE CANDIDATES
- Tiny migrating yellow and Green Birds