From now until 2 years from now Earth is in a potentially dangerous situation. To make it more interesting, "Imagine the Starship Enterprise with it's shields down being shot at repeatedly by a Klingon Vessel at extreme distance." What is the probability of a hit eventually if the Enterprise is dead in the water with no propulsion if the Klingon Cruiser is having problems and when their weapons fire they could fire in any direction and this only happens about once a month for 2 years. If they fired once a month for two years like this what is the probability that one of those shots would hit the Enterprise?
This is exactly the position that earth is in the next couple of years in relation to the sun. Our magnetosphere is down which acted like a shield for the human race until around 2000 to 2005. But since we are likely in a Geomagnetic excursion we have no or little protection from the sun anymore possibly for around 2000 years or so. However, the sun is blasting away in all directions with coronal mass ejections and several of them have been hitting earth the last few years, especially the last 2 or so. The maximum peaks between 2012 and 2014 and we here on earth are a sitting duck for any X-Flares that might come in the next 2 years. This is the way things really are.
So, the question is "How do humans protect themselves during the 11 year cycle of solar maximums so we don't get genetic damage or fry all our satellites or fry electrical generation capacities wherever the hits to our magnetosphere occur?"
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!