For people who only use cellphones this likely is a nightmare. So, anywhere you are in Sandy's path you have a 25% chance at ANY location to not be able to get a phone call out at all or to get a phone call in to someone who is in an area hit by Sandy. So, if you cannot get through on a cell phone if you have a land line try that one because you just might get lucky if you are calling from anywhere on earth into the path of Hurricane Sandy where it hit this week.
All power south of 34th Street is out in New York so Subways south of 34th cannot reopen because they don't have power either until power is restored after the flooding. So, no one even businesses without generators have power south of 34th street in New York.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling