Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- February 3 coronavirus news
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Fire in Rockaway Park, New York
I was watching CNN right now and watched footage of a whole block on fire in Rockaway Park, New York. It appears right now that the winds and the flooding is preventing the Fire Departments from getting water on this fire. But the problem is that the water is about 3 to 4 feet deep and it likely was started by electrical lines being knocked down in 60 plus mph winds. They rescued about 30 to 40 people out of apartment buildings but they cannot put the fire out because they can't get water on it and many other buildings are starting to catch fire in the area from the embers of these fires on this block so likely many other buildings may burn down as well before they will be able to put the fires out in this area so this may be another developing disaster in the New York City area.