Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Bodyguard 1992

Whitney Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bodyguard (1992) - IMDb

I remember Whitney Houston singing " I......Will always love you" to her leading man Kevin Costner then in "The Bodyguard" a movie she co-starred with him. In 1992 I was having my own problems and so this movie was helpful to me in its own way then. Since I'm 63 when we lose someone younger than ourselves like this it is always hard and never easy. Watching her life slowly spiral into the ground was very hard for the world to watch especially after the incredible singing career she had as well. It sort of reminds me of Judy Garland also dying in her 40s and many other greats as well. I think all of her fans around the world also sing back to her, "I.....Will always love You" as she joins her friends and relatives on the other side.

Houston was a mezzo-soprano.[214][215] Her vocal range extended from G below middle C (G3) to high B-flat (B5); she could belt out to treble F (F5).[216] She came in third on MTV's 22 Greatest Voices,[217] and sixth on Online Magazine COVE's list of the 100 Best Pop Vocalists with a score of 48.5/50.[218] In 2008, Rolling Stone listed Houston as the thirty-fourth of the 100 greatest singers of all time, stating "Her voice is a mammoth, coruscating cry: Few vocalists could get away with opening a song with 45 unaccompanied seconds of singing, but Houston's powerhouse version of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" is a tour de force."[89] end quote from Wikipedia.

Note: I had to disconnect the "I... Will always love you" with Whitney Houston Singing from Wikipedia because it came on no matter what article you were on when entering my site. So, I disconnected it so it wouldn't spook people coming onto the site all over the world. But if you go to the above Whitney Houston site at Wikipedia you can still click on it to hear her sing to you.

It is under Artistry, Legacy and Voice.

 

No comments: