My father was a vegetarian since 1934 because he studied with Paul Bragg like Jack La Lane did. My mother was a vegetarian since 1936 because of the religion was introduced to at about age 16. My father and mother met in this religion around 1941 and got married in 1946 and so I was born in 1948 and was a vegetarian in Eutero and after being born until I was about 32 or 33 and the Tibetan Lamas I was initiated by believed that I needed to eat some meat to be able to fully do advanced practices. My point of view was that I should be able to eat anything in an emergency so I didn't die unexpectedly(sort of a survivalist point of view typical of around 1980) and this was tied to 10% unemployment at that time nationwide too.
So, I kind of kept the 95% vegetarian thing going since I was about 35. So most of the time I eat no meat at all. Once or twice a week I might eat a slice of turkey in my sandwich and once or twice a month I might eat some fried chicken cooked by my wife. If we are out to eat I might have some shrimp. For a while I liked Sweet and Sour Pork at Chinese restaurants but have since given that up.
In 1998 I got a heart virus and being mostly vegetarian mostly saved my life. When I had an angiogram I had the cleanest artieries and veins of anyone they had either seen or heard of ever and this plus the disconnection meditation that prevented me from ever panicking whenever my heart couldn't oxygenate my blood no matter how fast I breathed and caused me to pass out often are the two reasons I didn't die just like every other Heart virus patient I ever heard of around that time.
So, being a vegetarian has its advantages. And if you like animals(both wild and pets) being alive then you don't feel so bad eating meat or fish or whatever if you don't eat it 95% of the time.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge