Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Ash in California?
I was riding along the ocean in Northern California and noticed that the sun was setting "Blood Red". So I mentioned it to my wife today while we were having brunch in a restaurant. She said, "I wonder if it is the Ash? I can't think of any other reason right now for it to be a blood red sunset otherwise. I realized she was right because there is no smog, no fires right now in California. So the air should be perfectly clear unless it is coming across the ocean which here is basically over 5000 miles of ocean. For example I just Googled and it said the distance from California to Japan is 5,478 miles. So from where I live to Japan there is nothing but a few smaller islands here and there across the Pacific.