In past blogs I have referred to the Oil Leak int the gulf as an "Oil Volcano". I think it becomes more and more an apt description every day since it is now the worst single ecological disaster "man made" in the History of the United States. So "Oil Volcano" more perfectly describes this event than anything else I have heard.
However, since there was only a 50-50 chance that "Top Kill" would work we are now moving in a way that I can only call "Grasping at straws" until a second drilling event can reach the first and plug the first with cement which is about 2 months away.
Meanwhile, the oil spewing upward is grating away at the sidewalls both metal and rock and dirt in a way which can only eat away the sides. One wonders how many pockets have been eaten away between the oilhead and the oil far away below under the ocean mud and rock from the eating spewing oil and whatever else is coming up from below in the mix.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- February 3 coronavirus news
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!