Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jonathan Flow meets the Buddha of Compassion

Jonathan Flow woke up and looked around and there was no gravity no ground no water but only the cloud he appeared to be levitating. There was no sense of up or down and yet he felt safe somehow. He both heard and felt something to his right and up came a being that seemed to not want to make up its mind between looking like a Golden Dragon and a man in robes that looked sort of oriental.
Jonathan said, "Hi. Where am I? And since I'm here I'm not in a physical body. Where is my body? Am I still alive?"
The man seemed very peaceful and said, "I am the Buddha of Compassion and you are visiting the Formless Realms"
Jonathan said, "What am I doing here? I remember trying to come here?"
The Buddha said, "It was just time in your soul evolution for you to come here?"
Jonathan always the practical one said, "Why?"
The Buddha laughed and said, "It was time for you to be trained in the use of the formless realms. If you do enough things right sometimes you get here." Jonathan said, "Oh."
Jonathan: "I seem to be cut off from my past. I remember my body but I'm forgetting what I did in this lifetime."
The Buddha said, "Oh. That is pretty normal. You will remember just enough to go on when you go back but you won't be the same anymore."
Jonathan said, "Am I dying?"
Buddha said, "No. Just changing because it is time."
Jonathan said, "What are the rules of the formless realms and how long will I be here?"
Buddha: "There is no time or space and all bodies are only illusions in this realm. So what we look like depends upon what is inside of you. If you didn't belong here you would be terrified out of your mind and driven out of here. But since you see me as the Buddha of Compassion it demonstrates that you belong here. I'm only reflecting what you already have developed inside yourself. You have demonstrated you belong here."
Jonathan didn't have memories of being in a place like this before in this lifetime. But he had a sense of feeling at home somehow in this place where everything is a reflection of what is going on inside a person."
Jonathan said, "So, in this realm your own thoughts and your own emotions manifest in dreamlike ways."
Buddha said, "Yes. Now you are remembering more fully." With that the Buddha started to drift away looking sometimes like a human Buddha in robes and sometimes like a Golden Dragon and kind of shimmering in between.
Jonathan sighed. He must be disciplined so as not to scare himself, thought Jonathan.  So as he progressed he realized being here would be a little like sensory deprivation on earth where people sometimes hallucinate all kinds of things because their senses are completely empty and need something to focus on.  He wondered what he was doing here.

Soon, he felt peace like he hadn't since he had been wearing a human body. He had always wondered why he had thought living in a human body was so limiting. He just remembered why. He had lived here before with limitless freedom of thought and feelings. He got it. He hadn't liked being a human being because this had been truly wonderful and being a human was like being a prisoner compared to this. If one was compassionate enough towards oneself and all other beings in the formless realms one only creates heavens by being in both the formless realms while manifesting from them into the heaven realms. He had missed this so. He wanted to return to his heaven realm created by him long ago. And so he did by manifesting it once again in its full glory like before by living in both the formless realms and projecting the heaven into the Heaven realms. Ah. What peace!


He found many of his relatives in his heaven realm and when he met them he cried and cried because he had missed them since they had died on earth. They said, "Why are you crying?" And he said, "I have missed you all so. It has been very difficult to go on without all of you." They said, "But you need to go on for your family, your children and your friends. You must get the courage to go back soon."
Jonathan said, "I know. But a part of me wants to die and rejoin you here. I feel like a dinosaur on earth now. I'm 63. It's just too old for me to feel much a part of the earth anymore."
But Jonathan's family gathered around and said, "You need to gain courage. All your family and children and friends are counting on you to live as long as you can even if you don't really want to."
Jonathan said, "Yes. I have no problem of living on for them in my mind. But in my heart I find I want to die to rejoin all of you."
His family said, "We will help you find a way back into your life."
Jonathan said, "I knew you would"
So, all his relatives got together and pushed him back into the Formless Void and from there the Compassionate Buddha would help him back to earth so his body wouldn't die. Jonathan awoke. He had been ill several days. He felt timeless and space less and somehow freer then before. He felt like he had been reborn. He was still 63 but felt like a newborn child in his heart. This might be interesting.

No comments: