Monday, May 3, 2010

Refining what you want and Create in your lives

So if you completely understand and accept that Consciousness creates reality creates Consciousness which creates reality ad infinitum( hopefully not ad nauseum) ha ha--

The next step is realizing that we all are capable of creating anything we want in our lives. The real problem with this is we are creating even when we aren't trying to by everything we think, feel and dream 24 hours a day. So how do we move our reality towards something we actually want?

The first thing we have to do is to discipline ourselves to think more about what we want and less about what we don't want 24 hours a day. And then over time we need to refine what it is we actually want.

So as we create into our lives both what we want and don't want 24 hours a day we need to learn to define more carefully exactly what it is that we want.

Here is a story of what you don't want that someone actually created. This actually happened to a lady on the North Coast of California. She literally said, "I want to see a Pink Cadillac in my garage." Well, she did, only it wasn't hers. Soon after this her home was foreclosed and the new owner had a pink Cadillac in her garage.

So obviously, if you are going to ask God for something you better get it right with no ambiguities. So that people who are able to be clear and specific get what they want from God and those who are less specific tend to be less happy with the results.

Each time I have asked God for something important in my life, God has given what I asked to me. However, there were always unexpected consequences of one kind or another for everything that I wanted that I was given.

So, like when I was young I would say, "God please give me a girlfriend that is beautiful" I was given that but I didn't ask that we be compatible or that we would stay together or that we had anything in common beyond Ice skating and going to the same High School so this first relationship didn't last more than a few months when I was 15. Over time I got much better at asking for what I needed. The next kinds of requests at 16 and above was, "God. Please give me a girlfriend that is beautiful that I have something in common with." However, this too, didn't completely work because I was so young. I started going steady at 16 with a very beautiful girl about 21 years old that I sang with in my church choir. And even though this relationship was very sweet and passionate it was too intense for us to be more than lifelong friends in the long run even though we both might have wanted something permanent at the time and after.

So you get what I'm saying. So anything you really want you might get but you might not be completely happy with the result eventually. So learning to refine what you ask the Universe, Life, God whatever you want to call It or the being will make your life more survivable and happy and hopefully it won't drive you to the edge of suicide like my life did by age 21. Even though I eventually recovered it took a toll on me longterm of making me very cynical.

Whatever you want you can actually have but I'm not sure you actually are ready to pay the consequences for whatever you want in real time. When you ask something from God, God always expects something in return. It is a lot like a benevolent parent saying, "Okay child, if you do this for me I will do this for you." Usually what God wants is for us to take care of others and ourselves, especially those who might not be able to take care of themselves without help. So, if we take care of ourselves and the others that are brought into our lives often God will do almost anything for us that we ask.

No comments: