They say today that kids cannot afford to not go to college and on the other hand many cannot afford to go in the first place. However, when you look at the life earnings of a college graduate it is
1.4 million dollars compared to
770 thousand for a typical high school graduate
The unemployment rate right now for a college graduate nationwide is:
But the unemployment rate for a high school graduate is:
8.3% which is the national average right now.
So, there is a payoff for going to college if you can financially afford it. However, if you are one of 4.2% of college graduates presently unemployed who cannot afford to pay off their student loans you also might be bankrupt. So, what you major in in college might be very important if you want to get a job to be able to pay off your student loans without going bankrupt. (Unless you have rich parents who will pay off your loans for you).
Source is CNN TV at 9:24 am PT on March 19th 2012
Since I have a TIVO elite I can DVR what I watch and pause it to retain the facts.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology