They say today that kids cannot afford to not go to college and on the other hand many cannot afford to go in the first place. However, when you look at the life earnings of a college graduate it is
1.4 million dollars compared to
770 thousand for a typical high school graduate
The unemployment rate right now for a college graduate nationwide is:
But the unemployment rate for a high school graduate is:
8.3% which is the national average right now.
So, there is a payoff for going to college if you can financially afford it. However, if you are one of 4.2% of college graduates presently unemployed who cannot afford to pay off their student loans you also might be bankrupt. So, what you major in in college might be very important if you want to get a job to be able to pay off your student loans without going bankrupt. (Unless you have rich parents who will pay off your loans for you).
Source is CNN TV at 9:24 am PT on March 19th 2012
Since I have a TIVO elite I can DVR what I watch and pause it to retain the facts.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- It's raining as far south as Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo so far
- Westworld (TV series): Wikipedia
- Wetsuit - Wikipedia
- Magnitude 7.2 earthquake slams south and central Mexico
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- They Are Watching You—and Everything Else on the Planet - National Geographic
- Stormy Daniels sues Trump over alleged affair and 'hush' agreement
- Polar bear - Wikipedia