Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Before and after photos show how wildfire reduced Paradise, California, to ashes
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Now What?
- Apec summit ends without statement over US-China division
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- IF I understand the previous article sufficiently:
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died
- From where Purple Delta 7 first appears in "2035"
Thursday, March 8, 2012
First Blast of Solar Storm not as big a problem as expected
It turns out that the X5.4 solar storm hit the Southern Hemisphere instead of the northern hemisphere. So there wasn't the fireworks because the southern hemisphere was the same polarity as the storm. However, if it had hit the northern hemisphere then it would be like when you short out electrical wires and see sparks. However, there still should be some amazing northern lights.