Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- nomodes.com: Larry Tesler: The Law of Conservation of Complexity
- This is one reason why I don't usually trust software when used in planes or Cars or Trucks or buses by the way:
- Most important premise regarding all software:
- 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami - Wikipedia: 6 years and 1 month ago: 15,894 deaths over 8,000 injured or missing
- Top ten computer app writing languages in the world presently
- The Law of Complexity can only get worse for each new generation of computer programmers. Why?
- When Political Parties: "Like the Republican party right now" implode spectacularly
- They Still make BOSCO Chocolate Syrup?
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
U.S. Slaps Tariffs on Chinese Solar Panels, But the Trade War May be On Hold
Read more: http://www.time.com/time#ixzz1poPuEnse
If you click on the above Time.com article it appears that the U.S. and China are close to a trade war regarding solar panels. It seems that the Chinese government is subsidizing solar panel manufacture in China which creates worldwide unfair competition to anyone else. Since China doesn't usually abide by WTO rules except (only for appearances but not in substance) China usually gets away with whatever it can which is a lot.
The collapse of Solyndra in the U.S. is a part of the unfair competition to American and other countries that are not being directly subsidized by the by the U.S. Government. However, Chinese Solar Companies ARE being subsidized by the Chinese Government.
The other thing to remember is that if the Obama administration didn't take this stand now, how could he say he helped U.S. Green revolution participants like Solyndra who have been cut to pieces by unfair Chinese competition? So, there is a political angle of an election year in addition to the 100,000 jobs here in the U.S. that are directly related to the manufacture of Solar panels as well at stake. Most nations around the world have been walking on eggs around China because they didn't want to start a trade war with China. The trade war of the free world with China may have just begun in earnest. We shall see.