Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
U.S. Slaps Tariffs on Chinese Solar Panels, But the Trade War May be On Hold
Read more: http://www.time.com/time#ixzz1poPuEnse
If you click on the above Time.com article it appears that the U.S. and China are close to a trade war regarding solar panels. It seems that the Chinese government is subsidizing solar panel manufacture in China which creates worldwide unfair competition to anyone else. Since China doesn't usually abide by WTO rules except (only for appearances but not in substance) China usually gets away with whatever it can which is a lot.
The collapse of Solyndra in the U.S. is a part of the unfair competition to American and other countries that are not being directly subsidized by the by the U.S. Government. However, Chinese Solar Companies ARE being subsidized by the Chinese Government.
The other thing to remember is that if the Obama administration didn't take this stand now, how could he say he helped U.S. Green revolution participants like Solyndra who have been cut to pieces by unfair Chinese competition? So, there is a political angle of an election year in addition to the 100,000 jobs here in the U.S. that are directly related to the manufacture of Solar panels as well at stake. Most nations around the world have been walking on eggs around China because they didn't want to start a trade war with China. The trade war of the free world with China may have just begun in earnest. We shall see.