When I was growing up there was always a lot of talk about "The Generation Gap". However, now I experience this myself and often feel like a dinosaur when talking to my 16 year old, 23 year old and 37 year old. I was innocently trying to explain all sorts of things to my kids this weekend and I guess I just have to get used to the fact that only my 37 year old actually gets who I am because I was only 26 when he was born and so he knew me when I was young and not just in my 40s, 50s, and 60s until 63 right now. So, I find they either can't or don't want to understand what I'm trying to share with them to save them all the pain I had to go through to learn all the difficult lessons and things I have learned so far. I guess "You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink". That just about explains everything.
The following goes along with this: "You can't teach anyone anything. The best you can do is to be an example of what you want to teach" Because "Do as I say not as I do" doesn't work at all.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Ways to survive Climate changes