Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- the actual location of the Crystal Palace is the Dalai Lama Village in Italy near Aoste
- What is Dragon of Compassion All About?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- When Angels are a normal everyday experience:
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days as of November 10th 2019 Sunday
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Kindle reading to you in your car or truck
I wrote another couple of articles on Kindle which I find harder to reference than before. However, this week I found out that I can play my Kindle Audiobooks into my 2011 4WD truck through its speakers by utilizing the same cord that plays from my Ipod Classic and my Iphone through the trucks speakers. This was pretty nice because I just got a free download of "Ringworld", a Science fiction classic from Audiobook with a real person reading the book. However, ANY book on your Kindle can also be read by a robotic voice if you wish through the speakers in your car if it has the right receptor usually on the dashboard. This is a great boon while traveling if you are alone or if one or more people want to hear the same thing. I also found on my Sirius satellite connection in my truck channels 80 and 82. 80 is a book channel where books are either read or acted out radio style. And 82 is old time radio classics of the 1930's, 40s and 50s before TV really made it big in the late 1950s and early 1960s. So, it is fun to here stories told in the form that I heard a lot on the radio until I was 6 in 1954 when my father finally bought a 17 inch black and white TV so I wouldn't spend all my time next door watching TV at my neighbors house. If a hands free phone call comes in through blue tooth on my smartphone it automatically interrupts whatever else is going on and then after we hang up whatever we were listening to comes back on once again. So, for drives of more than 10 to 15 minutes it is nice to listen to a good book if that is your wish.