The following was a result of the latest Solar Storm: begin quote:
The forecasters weren't aware of any significant impact to electrical or technological systems, but said there was a two-hour blackout of high frequency radio communications — affecting mainly ham radio operations — stretching from eastern Africa to eastern Australia.
Steenburgh also said that there was another solar flare late Thursday, similar to the one a few days ago that set off the current storm.
"Right now we're still analyzing when it will arrive" and how strong it could be, he said.
The space weather center had reports of Northern Lights across Canada and dipping into the northern tier of U.S. states, Steenburgh said. end quote from:Solar storm shakes Earth's magnetic field
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Evan Rachel Wood - Wikipedia
- AMERICA IS SLIDING INTO "Figure it out for yourself"
- Duffy- Singer: Rockferry
- Wikipedia:List of Donald Trump presidential campaign endorsements, 2016
- Walden Pond Is Now Teeming With Jellyfish—but Don't Panic
- Space junk poses terrifying threats
- Bali Tourism Under Threat as Volcano Agung Rouses