Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hawaii

In 1962 I started surfing which had it's ties to Hawaii with Hawaiian Kings and Kuhunas (scientist medicine men something like Merlin type of people in a different culture) started surfing and over the centuries it was taken up by many people in many different nations. In the 1930s huge long boards made of wood and very heavy (about 100 to 135 pounds) were surfed on in places like Santa Cruz, in California and in the Los Angeles area on some beaches there. My ex- father in law when he was alive surfed these boards before he joined the Navy as an ensign just before World War II started. He with  his young wife as a civilian wife were stationed at Pearl Harbor where his destroyer was located the day of Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941. When the bombardment started he was the first main deck officer as a 21 year old ensign to arrive at the ship so he had to take command and to take it out to sea while under fire as a 21 year old ensign in command of a Destroyer for the first time. The other officers who survived the bombardment were brought aboard later out to sea in secret on a shuttle craft like a PT-boat or something like that that was small and moved very fast across the water out to sea.

So, back in 1962 when I was 14 my friend who was 15 and I talked my parents into driving us to Huntington Beach from Glendale where we lived then to rent Surfboards. This was my first surfing experience. We got pretty beat up that day by the waves driving our boards into our shins and hitting up under our chins and our knees got sore because we were new to longboards and had to get used to them. But, we had both body surfed and boogie boarded? (What we rode in on then were like smaller air mattresses because I don't think boogie boards had been invented yet and if they had they were not as well known as they are now. So, in time we learned to have fun and ride waves in without injuring ourselves. So, by age 15 I wore the surfer locks which then was your hair down over one side of your face and if possible your hair over your collar. Also, then we wore Pendleton wool shirts with a white t-Shirt underneath with white socks and tennis shoes and the pants were cut high from the ground were always Levi Jeans and often had metal button up fronts to show you were a serious surfer then in the Los Angeles area. Skateboarding had just started about 1960 and soon after boys started taking their wood into wood shop to create surfboard like looking skateboards somewhat similar to the ones now.

So, even though I stopped board surfing in 1969 because my friend got injured by a fin (skeg) across his back from another surfer, I still loved the surfer talk and actions and thoughts that took me always back to Hawaii and "Hang Lose" and all that and of the Hawaiian Kings and Kahunas of old.

So, after I got married and my son was born my wife who had lived in Hawaii near Hilo before we married wanted to go back to Hawaii and live there again. So, I sold my 1966 VW bug that I called "Blue Lightning" because it was a seablue bug that I bought in 1969 and put 130,000 miles on it from 1969 to 1974 when we moved to Hawaii. So, I was busy putting around 25,000 miles a year on my bug but gas was pretty cheap relative to hourly wages then and a bug got 30 miles per gallon and I did all my own work on my but using one of the "Idiot" VW books for maintanance, adjusting valves, and changing brake linings, points, plugs etc. So, I could travel pretty cheaply all over California south north east and west on weekends or whenever I wasn't in college or having to work somewhere.

I also sold my Grand Piano that I had already moved at least 10 times into various apartments since I was 18 and given it as a High School Graduation present by my parents.

So, with the money from selling my Bug (Which was in really great shape) and my piano (likewise) we moved to Hilo, Hawaii. Though I missed my bug and piano I was really amazed to move to Hawaii to Hilo on the big island. Nearby was Kalapana Beach where legend has it that Caimu (Jesus) walked across the water and on land on the big island which was witnessed by many locals at that time in history. I thought this was interesting because of the legends of Jesus coming to the Hopi Indians in Arizona and giving them blue corn seeds to grow in areas where there is not a lot of water.

When I first landed in Hilo it was so hot I thought I was going to pass out. It was August and since it is the furthest south of all the islands it is also the closest to the equator. So, the temperatures likely were about 95 degrees Fahrenheit with close to 100% humidity which is kind of hard to take if you aren't used to living in it with that much humidity. It is sort of like a human brain doesn't really function at that temperature and since you cannot evaporate to cool your clothes are always wet. So, the only way to stay cool is to wear shorts and a T- shirt and sandals or stay indoors with Air conditioning. So, you have to sort of run on instinct and intuition which sort of worked for me. Because super brain power at that temperature just means you might pass out unless you were inside somewhere with air conditioning. And at this point we did not have air conditioning but we did have a fan and ice which was helpful at times.

At first we stayed with friends who were married. He was an engineer there and she was his wife. Later we moved and got our own house because we were traveling with our baby who was only at that point about 7 months old. But, when friends came from Alaska to visit the man was standing on the roof of our rental house and rolling down to me avocadoes almost the size of basketballs to me on the ground off the roof. However, the problem was that surrounding the house was deep grass and I was barefoot and someone had broken a bottle and not cleaned it up before we moved in and I cut my big toe and had to have about 10 to 15 stitches. This basically ended our stay in Hawaii because this meant I couldn't work because if I put my foot on the ground all my blood leaked out of my body. So, since we had no cash reserves eventually we were forced by circumstances to return to the mainland and California where my father uncle and cousin were starting a mining business. So, they brought me into this business as a working but not investing partner. This actually worked out quite well for us for several years.


I stayed away from Hawaii even though I had many amazing memories like going to the Queen's Bath on Hawaii which is gone now because it got covered over by Lava now. But, I got to swim there with my wife and baby before it was covered by Lava.

I didn't get back to Hawaii from around December  1974 when I flew out of Hilo back to San Diego  until 1989. We lived for a while in both San Diego during the weekends and working in the California deserts where my father and I and a friend of mine set up a milling company and rented mining equipment that we used in the Virginia Dale Mining district and essaying in Gila Bend, Arizona. My young wife and I divorced in 1977 in the summer and I was given custody of my 3 year old son so I raised him to adulthood by myself with help from parents, relatives, friends and my second wife who I married in 1980. With my 2nd wife I returned to Maui where I hadn't lived before in 1989. But, I had always wanted to go there because my first wife's boyfriend before me had worked on a Protea farm and said that Maui was an amazing place to live in the Islands. And when I came to Maui to escape the Loma Prieta Earthquake which I knew which week it was going to come with my family. So, I brought my family to Maui to make sure they would be safe and we watched the Earthquake happen live On CNN TV in Hana destroy many parts of Northern California and it killed about 50 people mostly on the bridge that collapsed.

The Loma Prieta earthquake, also known as the Quake of '89 and the World Series Earthquake, was a major earthquake that struck the San Francisco Bay Area of ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquake -

end quote from wikipedia.

So, if you think this is very strange so did I. Just because I am a precognitive psychic all my life doesn't mean that I could emotionally deal with all the consequences of knowing so many things before they happened. I remember when I used to walk by someone who would die soon and some times it would bring me to my knees and I might begin to tear up knowing what was coming for this person and all the people who loved them. But, I always sort of realized God designed me this way for the one's he wanted to stay alive and not die by accident. But usually the one's I knew would die were going to die from a heart attack or something like that. This is a lot to carry as one human being. So, unless I can actually help people in some way I usually ask God now not to show me stuff like this anymore. So now, I only usually pick up useful things that I can actually do something about. I am a very compassionate efficient being. So, when I ask God to fine tune my senses he does. I guess I have an amazing relationship with God and always have had this kind of relationship since about age 15 or so.

So, my normal way of looking at this is thinking about how I can help whatever beings are around me in any given situation. And so if God gives me permission and I have the capability by God's Grace I usually try to change people's lives for the better whenever possible. If God doesn't want something done he makes it known to me.

For those of you who are agnostic or atheistic what I would like you to take from this is that people do whatever is possible if they are compassionate and kind. And I'm sure most of you would save people from awful deaths and bad experiences if you were allowed to also.

Tibetan Lamas have explained this type of Bodhichitta "Dharma healing and manifestations"  as being like picking up a hanky from a table. It is like all of us are connected in various ways especially when we are in proximity with each other. So, as one of us lifts the energy because God allows and helps us do this everyone's lives around us are changed for the better. And the more someone allows these blessings to take place the more they happen all the time everywhere you go and these changes move out to blocks or miles or further around a person as time goes on and one becomes more trusted and developed in this by life. So, if you are gifted and use it to help others when you are allowed to by God then he gives stronger and stronger versions of the gifts as long as you keep being responsible about what you do and whether you listen to what he and his angels say all the time. So, doing what I am talking about is a lot like being a human being that also functions like one of God's Angels here on earth all the time.


 


No comments: