Sunday, November 18, 2018

For Bloggers?

I prefer not to have to write HTML code anymore. You might think this is lazy of me. However, it's just that I'm 70 years old now and don't want to spend 10 to 100 times as much time blogging as I do now. There are tools like the ones below that I have heard about. However, I haven't tried any of these types of tools yet.

I went into Google Search and put "software to clean up html for blogging" so those are the keywords I used to bring up these word buttons. There likely are more than this as this is just the first ones on the list so far. So, what is good and what isn't and what is safe and what isn't to use? I don't know the answer to this question. I'm only into the first few minutes of looking around. I remember someone in my comments section was recommending some software but now I have to try to find that comment somewhere in my articles because I didn't put it somewhere safe that I can easily find. 

Here I found one of these comments and I'll post it here for you to read:

To remove problematic formatting in web pages you are trying to copy and paste, first paste the page into a text editor such as Text Edit or Notepad. You could make the first line the url for the page. You might also try then pasting first into a program like Microsoft Word, adding formatting for headings and see how your Blogger editor reacts. You probably can’t just past into your Blogger editor. Run it through another program first. Here is an example. http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/05/26/flood-watch-subtropical-storm-alberto/ South Florida Under Flood Watch As Alberto Brings Heavy Rain Over Florida May 26, 2018 at 11:13 pm Filed Under:Alberto, Flood Watch, Local TV, Tracking The Tropics, Weather Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A flood watch remains in effect for South Florida through Sunday as subtropical storm Alberto, the first named storm of the 2018 hurricane season, moves northward over the eastern Gulf of Mexico. The governors of Florida, on regarding the add at "Trump's sustained attack on

The real problem with comments like this is you never know if this guy is knowledgeable and experienced enough to be giving advice like this. On the other hand if he or she didn't know a lot they wouldn't know how to advise something like this in the first place. So, only by experimentation to see what you wind up with the finished product published online are you going to know. And even then you are ONLY going to know regarding which media you own yourself and how you loaded it on maybe Firefox, or Chrome or Internet Explorer or whatever you have. For example, I have no PC media in my home anymore at all. My wife has An Android phone but that is as close as we come anymore. We are all Apple products whether they be phones or Macbook pros or standing stationary IMacs or what. So, even I cannot test for anything on a PC that I'm fashioning the software for at this site. So, I can't even test for what it looks like on any PC on Internet Explorer, or Firefox or Chrome because there just aren't any PCs other than my wife's android phone and that really isn't the same thing in the end.

For example, running what you have through Word might make sense as long as it isn't directly in HTML but only in pictures and actual text that you are putting into something like compose here a blogger.com

But, also it is possible that there are settings for running direct HTML code through Word too. I'm not sure about this at this point. Approaching all this for me is new to me because I go back to 1966 when I learned Fortran and COBOL in College. Last year I met a guy from India who still programs in COBOL in Sacramento by the way. So, Cobol, the business programming language is still used because it is less complicated and likely takes less memory to write programs in than a lot of newer languages. So, in this sense it would be a much more concise program that might run faster and be more efficient in COBOL than in many newer languages. So, that is something to think about too.

So, I tried running my last article through Notepad on my macbook pro. It worked and straightened out all the text just fine like the guy or lady said it would. However, it also killed all the pictures doing this too. But, maybe the important thing is to tell readers I couldn't give them clear text and pictures and that they should click on word button for pictures? Here's the word button for the article at my site to see what it did. If you go into the article use the word button inside the article itself to see the pictures at CNN.
HTML Tidy is a web browser application whose purpose is to fix invalid web code, beautify the layout and ... Wikipedia Logo Facebook Logo Blog Logo. File. Edit.
Tools to capture and organize your ideas. Evernote. Pocket. Drafts (iOS only) Trello. Writing tools that simply work. Dragon Naturally Speaking. Google Docs. Scrivener. Bear Writer. Editing, proofreading and fine-tuning your content. Thrive Headline Optimizer. CoSchedule Headline Analyzer. Grammarly. Hemingway App. ...
Jan 16, 2015 - Here are 10 great editing tools made to perfect your text and generate ... appand then export it in rich text, HTML or PDF or publish it directly to your blog. ... editing tool that enables you to clean your content from such issues.
Jan 22, 2018 - If you're wondering which particular blogging app will suit your .... Moreover, you can clean and validate your HTML too using this simple app, ...
The best real-time online HTML editor software kit with dynamic instant live visual preview and inline WYSIWYG editor using CKEditor and markup clean-up ...

No comments: