Kurdish Iraq in the north, Sunni Iraq towards the west and a part of what is happening in Northern Syria. Iranian Iraq as the Iranian Army leads the fight to take back Tikrit and the Shia led Government in Baghdad.
30 years of war ahead in the Middle East. Everything I'm writing about here is being discussed on Fahreed Zaharia GPS which is on CNN Sunday Morning. Some of the most interesting intelligent comments about what is happening I find on this show every Sunday Morning.
I have commented here that the Sunni Shia Sectarian divide isn't being contained it is growing. This is why 30 years of war might take place in the Middle East as Iran aligned with Russia tries to exterminate as many of the 1.1 billion Sunnis here on earth or at least the ones in the Middle East and vice versa. So, Iran is complaining that the 10 Nation Sunni Coalition are bombing the Iranian armed Houthis in Yemen. Saudi Arabia is having an oil price war with Iran and Russia (and everyone else it seems) and all the middle east conflicts get worse and worse because of all these factors and more.
Will this eventually disrupt oil from Saudi Arabia other Sunni Oil nations and Iran? Maybe. It's hard to say right now as it depends upon how this thing goes from here on out.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Reprint from 2010: To develop your gifts
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Gyalwang Drukpa is an honorary title first given in the 1100s
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling