Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bodhichitta: The Nectar of Enlightenment

  1. When I first started studying with various Tibetan Lamas and being initiated by them in California and India I heard them talk a lot about Bodhichitta, the Nectar of enlightenment. I felt and understood what this meant both from my own experiences throughout my life up until then and also being in the presence of many enlightened masters during my life. 

    So, tonight once again I started thinking about Bodhichitta as I was going to sleep and realized I wanted to share what I might find about it with you here:

     To read about what Wikipedia says about the Nectar of Enlightenment please click on the word button in the next line:

  1. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhicitta   Cached
    In Buddhism, bodhicitta [a], "enlightenment-mind", is the mind that strives toward awakening and compassion for the benefit of all sentient beings. Contents 1 ...
     
     

No comments: