What do Mexico and China have in common? Both Governments subsidize the price of gas and diesel that their citizens pay. For example, San Diego, California residents now commonly drive to Tijuana, Mexico across the border to buy gas for $2.53 a gallon for regular since it is at least $4.50 a gallon in San Diego for regular.
However, Mexico is a neighbor and friend and at present not an economic threat to the United States like China tends to be more and more.
I believe the United States must begin to subsidize our gas down to about $2.50 a gallon for regular too. There is only one reason why this might not being done right now. This reason has to do with American inventiveness and ingenuity. If gasoline is kept above $4 a gallon for about 2 years it will do 2 things. The first thing is that it will at first devastate the economy in regard to the movement of goods and people, and people will be forced by economics to buy locally grown food or to grow their own. And the second thing is that it just might make America once again the single most innovative nation on earth in regard to solving the fuel crisis that looks right now to be going on forever until new fuels are brought online.
However, if this crisis of $4 a gallon plus for regular continues more than 1 or 2 years then our government MUST begin to subsidize fuel for our nation also down to whatever Mexico and China are paying for regular per gallon. It is only fair if we expect to compete with other countries subsidizing gasoline and diesel for their citizens.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File
- Fauci concerned by 'disturbing surge in infections'