Governor Elect Brown was already the Governor of California in the 1970s as was his father, Pat Brown also Governor of California before then. Also, Senator Boxer was re-elected and what is really surprising everyone is that Majority Leader of the Senate, Harry Reid has also been re-elected.
In the U.S. House of Representatives Republicans have now won 60 or more seats which is the most seats in any election gain by the Republicans in the House since 1948, the year I was born. John Boehnor pronounced Bay nor is the new Speaker of the House.
Since there is liable to be complete gridlock between the U.S. House and Senate I wouldn't expect very much of importance to be accomplished between a Democratic run Senate and a Republican run House and the President with not only the Veto Pen but also the Line Item Veto pen.
However, things have definitely changed and many sitting Representatives of the house that have been there since the 1990s and before have been swept out of office both Republican and Democrat in this crazy crazy year. What will the future bring? I would say Gridlock just like 1994 to 1996 with House Speaker Gingrich is what we should all expect if we are realistic about the next 2 years.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami - Wikipedia: 6 years and 1 month ago: 15,894 deaths over 8,000 injured or missing
- 2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Some Democrats Push for Permanent Expansion of Unemployment Benefits
- (no title)
- 2014–15 Russian military intervention in Ukraine
- Portland, even though it is also called "Portlandia" like the TV Series is also the "Whitest City in the U.S." of large cities
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265