Governor Elect Brown was already the Governor of California in the 1970s as was his father, Pat Brown also Governor of California before then. Also, Senator Boxer was re-elected and what is really surprising everyone is that Majority Leader of the Senate, Harry Reid has also been re-elected.
In the U.S. House of Representatives Republicans have now won 60 or more seats which is the most seats in any election gain by the Republicans in the House since 1948, the year I was born. John Boehnor pronounced Bay nor is the new Speaker of the House.
Since there is liable to be complete gridlock between the U.S. House and Senate I wouldn't expect very much of importance to be accomplished between a Democratic run Senate and a Republican run House and the President with not only the Veto Pen but also the Line Item Veto pen.
However, things have definitely changed and many sitting Representatives of the house that have been there since the 1990s and before have been swept out of office both Republican and Democrat in this crazy crazy year. What will the future bring? I would say Gridlock just like 1994 to 1996 with House Speaker Gingrich is what we should all expect if we are realistic about the next 2 years.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- A deadly California wildfire was set to cover up a woman's Murder
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Writing about Angels and your experiences with them might help mankind through these difficult times
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- Brazen ransomware attack on US unit of Chinese banking giant has financial sector on alert
- Does Earth Become the water planet New Deva?
- A Longer History of the Internet
- How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs