Sunday, November 21, 2010

Can the European Union Survive the Euro Crisis?

The horrible truth starts to dawn on Europe's leaders

To read full news article click "The horrible Truth" above.

I must admit to you that because I don't live in Europe I don't know as much about this as I would like to. However, what appears to be happening is that the Irish and Greek economies seem to be destabilizing the Euro in a way that the founders of the Euro never planned for. So it looks like an uncontrolled unwinding of the various investors of national bonds in various countries might take a bath because of having no mechanism in place to protect these investors. This is the best I can come up with not living over there. 

Here are two more recent articles regarding what is happening with the Euro.

Risk-On, Risk-Off Might be Over for Euro-Dollar

William Hague: Who knows if the euro will survive? 

No comments: