Friday, November 26, 2010

Keeping Wikipedia strong and ongoing for all of us on Earth

Support Wikipedia

Support Wikipedia




I have a blog and an archive site and the primary research tool I use for both sites is Wikipedia. The best thing about Wikipedia is that it is there, that it is constantly updated with the latest information by worldwide contributors  and it is free like PBS and NPR and that it helps everyone on earth who is online and who has access to it. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't fact check something on Wikipedia. Thank you Wikipedia for being there! I donated to Wikipedia several times now so I thought there might be others who might want to demonstrate their gratitude for the continued existence of Wikipedia worldwide in many many languages.

I also have a suggestion for those speaking other languages than English. It might be helpful (or not) to use  Google Translate on the English version of Wikipedia in some cases because it is so large and has so many resources. (just a thought) However, I also know that often a robot translator doesn't have the same feel when it comes out the other end into another language. So it could be good, or not depending upon what is being translated and into what language.

No comments: