Sunday, November 28, 2010

More on The Comte De Saint Germain

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sro/csg/csg02.htm

I found the above site when I put "Prince Ragocy" in my Google Search as a key word.
Here is a word button below that will take you there:

The Comte de St. Germain: Chapter I. Mystic and Philosopher

Also, it appears at the bottom of each webpage with the word button above is another word button to a condensed version(I believe) of each new chapter of the book printed in the early 1900s by Cooper Oakley. Though I have a copy of one of the original books from the early 1900s I believe there are now reprints available from Amazon.com 

 

The following excerpt is from Chapter 4. It is likely originally from a diary of Madame D'Adhemar who was a friend of Queen Marie Antoinette. Also, I believe that somehow Madame D'Adhemar survived the French Revolution somehow if I am correct in this. I am recounting this excerpt to show you a poem "The Comte De Saint Germain"  wrote to warn Queen Marie Antoinette of the coming French Revolution and of its consequences before it occurred.

begin quote from Chapter 4 of "The Comte De Saint Germain" by Cooper Oakley.


to give an idea of these sad debates [in the National Assembly], a letter written by M. de Sallier, parliamentary adviser to the Chambres de Requêtes, and addressed to one of his friends, a member of the parliament at Toulouse. . . . This account was spread abroad and read with avidity; many copies of it were circulated in Paris. Before the original reached Toulouse, it was spoken of in the drawing-room of the Duchesse de Polignac.
"The Queen, turning to me, asked me if I had read it, and requested me to procure it for her. This request caused me real embarrassment; I wished to obey Her Majesty, and at the same time I feared to displease the ruling Minister; however my attachment to the Queen prevailed.
"Marie-Antoinette read the article in my presence, and then sighing, 'Ah! Madame d’Adhémar,' she said, 'how painful all these attacks on the authority of the King are to me! We are walking on dangerous ground; I begin to believe that your Comte de St.--Germain was right. We were wrong not to listen to him, but M. de Maurepas imposed a skilful and despotic dictatorship upon us. To what are we coming? 1
". . . The Queen sent for me, and I hastened to her sacred order. She held a letter in her

p. 77
hand. 'Madame d’Adhémar,' she said, 'here is another missive from my unknown. Have you not heard people talking again of the Comte de St.--Germain?'
"'No,' I replied; 'I have not seen him, and nothing has reached me from him.'
"'This time,' added the Queen, 'the oracle has used the language which becomes him, the epistle is in verse; it may be bad, but it is not very cheering. You shall read it at your leisure, for I have promised an audience to the Abbé de Ballivières. I wish that my friends could live on good terms!'
"'Especially,' I ventured to add, 'as their enemies triumph in their quarrels.'
"'The unknown says the same as you do; but who is wrong or right?'
"'The Queen may satisfy both parties by means of the first two vacant Bishoprics.'
"'You are mistaken; the King will give the episcopal mitre neither to the Abbé d’Erse nor to the Abbé de Ballivières. The protectors of these gentlemen and our Abbé will believe that the ill-will is on my side; you might, since you are compared to the heroes of Ariosto (the speech of the Baroness de Staël had occurred to the Queen), play the part of peace-maker of the good King Sobrir; behold the Countess Diana, make her listen to reason.'
p. 78
"'I will talk reason to her,' said I, trying to laugh in order to dispel the melancholy of the Queen.
"'Diana is a spoilt child,' replied Her Majesty, 'however, she loves her friends.'
"'Yes, Madam, even to showing herself implacable to their enemies! I will obey the Queen.'
"They came to inform Marie-Antoinette that the Abbé de Ballivières had arrived according to her command. I passed into the small closet, where having asked Madame Campan for pen, ink, and paper, I copied the following passage, obscure then, but which afterwards became only too clear.
"'The time is fast approaching when imprudent France,
Surrounded by misfortune she might have spared herself,
Will call to mind such hell as Dante painted.
This day, O Queen! is near, no more can doubt remain,
A hydra vile and cowardly, with his enormous horns
Will carry off the altar, throne, and Themis;
In place of common sense, madness incredible
Will reign, and all be lawful to the wicked.
Yea! Falling shall we see sceptre, censer, scales,
Towers and escutcheons, even the white flag:
Henceforth will all be fraud, murders and violence,
Which we shall find instead of sweet repose.
Great streams of blood are flowing in each town;
Sobs only do I hear, and exiles see!
On all sides civil discord loudly roars,
And uttering cries on all sides virtue flees,
As from the assembly votes of death arise.
Great God! who can reply to murderous judges?
And on what brows august I see the sword descend! p. 79
What monsters treated as the peers of heroes!
Oppressors, oppressed, victors, vanquished . . .
The storm reaches you all in turn, in this common wreck,
What crimes, what evils, what appalling guilt,
Menace the subjects, as the potentates!
And more than one usurper triumphs in command,
More than one heart misled is humbled and repents.
At last, closing the abyss and born from a black tomb
There rises a young lily, more happy, and more fair.'
"These prophetic verses, written by a pen we already knew, astonished me. I racked my brains to guess their meaning; for how could I believe that it was their simplest meaning that I ought to give them! How imagine, for instance, that it was the King and Queen who would die a violent death, and as the result of iniquitous sentences? We could not, in 1788, have such clear sight; it was an impossibility.
"When I returned to the Queen, and no indiscreet person could listen, she said:--
"'What do you make of these threatening verses?'
"'They are dismaying! But they cannot affect your Majesty. People do say incredible things, follies; if, however, the prophetic words turn out to be true, they will concern our posterity.'
"'Pray heaven you speak truly, Madame d’Adhémar,' replied the Queen; 'however, these are strange experiences. Who is this personage who has taken an interest in me for so many
p. 80
years without making himself known, without seeking any reward, and who yet has always told me the truth? He now warns me of the overthrow of everything that exists and, if he gives a gleam of hope, it is so distant that I may not reach it.'
"I strove to comfort the Queen; above all, I told her, she must make her friends live on good terms with each other, and not let their private quarrels be known outside. Marie-Antoinette answered me in these memorable words:--
"'You fancy that I possess credit or power in our Salon. You are mistaken; I had the misfortune to believe that a Queen was permitted to have friends. The consequence is that all try to rule me, or to use me for their own personal advantage. I am the centre of a crowd of intrigues, which I have difficulty in avoiding. Everyone complains of my ingratitude. This is not the rôle of a Queen of France. There is a very fine verse which I apply to myself, making a change in the reading: "Kings are condemned to magnificence." I should say with more reason: "Kings are condemned to be weary in utter loneliness."

No comments: