Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dragon of Compassion

Periodically I try to tell my story of how the idea of "Dragon of Compassion" and "intuitivefred888" all came about organically through the years.

Since I was raised a Mystical Christian I found the basis of both "My Path" and my religion was always,
"God is Where you Find HIM" which basically also means "God is wherever you find Him, Her, The Being everywhere and every when in the Universe). In otherwords "There is No place that God is not". So since there is no place that God is not, always be looking for "Him,Her, The Being" in everything and everyone All the Time 24 hours a day of every day you are alive.

This has always been both my path, my life and my inspiration, especially when I am out in nature on the ocean or in the forests traveling all over the earth. This is also true when I meet or see anyone, anytime, anywhere. So, this often makes every experience very powerful for both me and whoever I meet or even see or have any kind of contact with.

On top of this God gifted me intuitively. And as these gifts have grown they have at different times (especially as I was growing up) kind of terrifying in an Old Testament kind of way. But I finally outgrew being afraid that way by the time I was 32 and I finally understood how the whole universe really operated (at least in relation to me). I think we all must forge our own covenants with God and the universe, whether we sign onto existing covenants with God or make our own out of the necessity of surviving in a body on Earth. And I know I have done both and it is important to everyone I believe to realize that they can modify their covenants with God when necessary as they grow and understand more and more. In this way they can be much more useful both to God and to themselves and all life everywhere in the universe in the past, present and future.

So, after I had received my first empowerment from a Tibetan Lama when I was 32 everything started to change in my life in a new way. I had fully entered the "Path of Compassion" Towards all life in the universe in the past, present and future. I have found since then that "at least for me" this is the most powerful path in the universe and it could also be said that it can also be the safest path in the universe as long as one has common sense and is very pragmatic and has common sense in the practice of this path. It was a very long journey for me to get to this point at age 32.  At this initiation and empowerment I realized that every religion springs up out of the earth in some place on earth. Judaism and Christianity sprang up in the Holy Lands of Israel and Jerusalem.  Tibetan Buddhism sprang first through Hinduism through Brahmanism to Buddhism and then Padmasambhava took it to Tibet.

I thought to myself, "What religion has sprung up through the United States?" The one that touched me in this moment that was 1000s of years old already was Native American Shamanism. And so, to ground and to further empower me on my path I asked the universe during the initiation to send me a Medicine Man to ground this path I was embarking on to make is safer for me and for everyone else. Because I knew this was going to be very very powerful and I wanted to be sure it would be safe for my soul and all other souls I would contact on earth no matter their religion or lack of religion. I wanted the influence of my soul to be positive on everyone and every being and creature in the universe.

Within 1 to 2 weeks the Medicine Man showed up at my friend's house and I knew God had answered my prayer. I studied with this medicine man with my wife and children for about 3 years. At one point during the summer of 1983 I was shown during a sweat lodge ceremony to go on a vision quest of no water and no food for four days and nights in the wilderness. So I did.

In the second day of this no water and no food fast while praying with only prayer beads and a sleeping bag in a bear wallow next to the Trinity River and under a fallen 7 foot through Cedar Tree I had a vision of myself becoming a 50 foot high (or bigger) Golden Dragon. At the time this was kind of a scary experience because it was so very real and powerful. Then I breathed Fire out upon thousands of people but the fire did not burn them. Instead they all smiled and became more enlightened by the dragon fire. So, I realized the fire was enlightenment. In time, I also realized this vision confirmed that I should be on a Tibetan Buddhist path, which was the sign I was looking for. So, this in turn led to me meeting an American Tibetan Buddhist Teacher, who then introduced me to many Tibetan Lamas from India, Nepal and Tibet in California and Oregon and also led me to be initiated and empowered by many of them, including the Dalai Lama when I and my family received the Kalachakra Tantra Initiation during the last week of December 1985 in Bodhgaya, India where the Buddha had become enlightened under the Bodhi Tree. So, this was an amazingly powerful experience which changed greatly all our lives. We then  traveled with our Spiritual Friend, Geshe Lobsang Gyatso whose name literally meant "Strong and Kind Ocean of Wisdom and Spiritual Friend", who was a Gelukpa Lama in the Dalai Lama's lineage. He took us to Varanasi to see where Buddha gathered his first students there and to the Burning Ghat where we witnessed the cremations of Hindu devotees. The whole thing was a very moving experience. We also rented a boat and saw freshwater dolphins swimming in the Ganges along with thousands of people bathing and being blessed by the experience. We then went to the Taj Mahal by train and finally to New Delhi and Dharmsala, India by train and finally bus when there were no more tracks. Geshela accompanied us all the way to Dharmsala, India. Then Geshela came back to the U.S. with us and we got him a Priests Green card, the same kind that Catholic Priests that come to the U.S. get. Geshela passed away in California. I looked at a biography of another Geshe Lobsang Gyatso on Wikipedia but this is a different one even though that one was also born in Kham around the  same time as the one I knew. The one I knew was taken from Kham where his father and mother ran a horse pack train into parts of China and passed away in their early 50s. The Geshela I knew also walked out of Tibet with the Dalai Lama in 1959 while Chinese fighter planes strafed and killed many of their party that were on foot. He had only his monks robes, a jacket and dress brown shoes to get out on foot at that time. He was in his early twenties then in 1959 when he escaped from Tibet with the Dalai Lama.

When Geshela took us to Dharmsala, India at about 6000 feet elevation in the Himalayas where the Dalai Lama and at least 10,000 or more Tibetans then lived there in India (probably many more now), one of his monk students took us to see Ling Rinpoche. At that time in January and February 1986 Ling Rinpoche had been sitting on a table in the Maitreya Mudra teaching position unmoving for 2 years.

Note: In this physical Mudra of Blessing and teaching he sits in meditation with his right hand raised with palm facing forward with three fingers pointing upward with his his thumb and first finger touching as in an amplifying circle of teaching and blessing.

And even though he had not eaten or moved in 2 years and had entered Samadhi, I could sense he was projecting upon us all the Heaven of Samadhi back upon all us who were fortunate enough to have this blessing. We had to walk miles up into the mountains  to an unassuming stone hut with a slate roof to meet the monks that watched over his body while he meditated for two years while sitting in the Maitreya Mudra teaching position with the heaven realmst radiating out of his hands and body. He reminded me a lot of Gandhi sitting there in his two year meditation. Since I am intuitively gifted I eventually had to walk out and cry in amazement outside. My father had just passed away  6 months before and here was something entirely different that no one in the U.S. (or almost no one) would ever believe was real. And here I was being taken here by Ling Rinpoche's monks. I felt very blessed and privileged by this experience and so did my wife and children who were then 10 years to 14 years old. Now they each are a Fire Captain, a Lawyer, and now the youngest will be an RN BS (a nurse) next month.

Then in 1998 I got a heart virus and wasn't expected to live. Up to this time I had never published anything I had ever written anywhere. But as I lay on a guerney and wasn't sure I would live at Stanford Medical then in the Fall of 1998 I vowed that if I lived I would start a website and write of all my amazing experiences until I died because I realized then that that was what God wanted me to do. After I had had my first website in 1999 for awhile I realized thinking back upon my vision quest of becoming a Huge Golden Dragon that breathed the fire of enlightenment upon thousands of people that my websites were what this was all about. I also realized that people and other beings would read what I had written not only in the past, present and future of Earth but also in the past, present and future of all over the Galaxy and beings would be helped in some small measure to enlightenment by reading about my own path to enlightenment and of my endeavor to be a good person that could benefit all beings including myself towards enlightenment and the permanent end of suffering of all beings.  This is the story of the "Dragon of Compassion" and what he means to me and hopefully to you as well.

No comments: