I found this out from my son who lives there now. You have to register to vote and then vote by mail. I have voted absentee ballot for around 10 years now in California along with my wife because we are somewhat retired and aren't always where our main residence is because of that on Election days or primaries. I think Oregon does this because so many people live remote in the state and the state only has 4 million people in it compared to about 40 million in California which is the 5th biggest economy all by itself presently on earth.
Note: for a state of only 4 million people approximately compared to California's 40 million people this is an advantage. Another advantage is you don't have computer voting machines that are easy for people like Putin's henchmen to mess with (or Trump's people to mess with either). You always have paper ballots so as long as they exist they can be double checked, which isn't true of electronic ballots which can easily be faked either direction by people who are techies in any state.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- Since only 1 billion people are sustainable for thousands of years
- Mattis is: The man who said Emperor Trump has no clothes
- Went to Corona Del Mar today
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Gilda Radner - Wikipedia
- China–United States trade war (2018–present) - Wikipedia