Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
Monday, November 1, 2010
High Spirits:The Movie on Halloween
All my kids are now 14 to 39 years of age so as we dropped our daughter off at a High School Halloween Party my wife and I sort of looked at each other and headed home to watch "High Spirits" which is a ghost comedy done in 1988 with Peter O'Toole and set in Ireland I believe in a Castle. At a certain point the fake ghosts are gone and the real ones come out and it gets pretty crazy and funny. But this movie has something very special to capture my wife's attention to want to watch it every year since 1995 on Halloween night. Death is scary to many people and so are ghosts, so to laugh at death and funny ghosts interacting with live people is really wonderful. And I think my wife was happy to see a young Liam Neeson as an 18th century ghost in this one and I enjoyed Daryl Hannah as a murdered 18th century (very beautiful ghost). Also, Steve Guttenberg and Beverly D'Angelo make this movie a ghost romp to remember with comedic flair.