Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I think it depends upon what kind of retirement you are talking about

$5 million dollars likely would be about being invested enough so you could maintain the taxes on your property or properties, feed yourself, insure yourself medically and everything else and maybe take at least one trip to Europe that year, maybe several trips during the year around the U.S.

However, if you are happy on your land or in your apartment without traveling all over and just need to buy food mostly and don't have really expensive tastes you might not need $5 million dollars to retire properly.

It all really depends upon you and how you perceive things in life. I was forced to retire at age 50 and I was just fine (which was amazing to me) at the time. I'm still okay at 70 by the way even though I fully expected to die at 50 then 60 or 65. But, now I've even outlived my father who passed away at 69 so now I see anything is possible in life.

We all live each moment by the Grace of God only. Look at Paradise, California. None of us really know do we?

So, be grateful for each moment God gives you to be alive. What happens next is more up to God than anything else.

By God's Grace

No comments: