body-scan radiation under scrutiny
To read full news article Click on "body-scan" above. I'm quoting below from the article.
"If you think of the entire population of, shall we say a billion people per year going through these scanners, it's very likely that some number of those will develop cancer from the radiation from these scanners," Brenner said.
Skin cancer would likely be the primary concern, he said. Each time the same person receives a backscatter scan, the small risk associated with the low dose of radiation is multiplied by the number of exposures.end quote.
more quotes from above article.
At the end of October, 189 backscatter units and 152 millimeter-wave machines were in use in more than 65 airports. The total number of imaging machines is expected to near 1,000 by the end of 2011, according to the TSA.
While the TSA says the machines are safe, backscatter technology raises concerns among some because it uses small doses of ionizing radiation. end quote
Whether it is new backscatter technology ionizing radiation or the exposure by cell phones or whatever the exposure is humans receive, the more you get of it the more likely it is that you will have problems of one kind or another.
For example, I recently read that cell phones are not designed to be worn in a pocket against your skin as it can cause skin and flesh damage over time. Cell phones are designed to be worn in an external case on the belt away from the skin.
So, since I keep my cell phone in my front pocket against the skin I started wearing it on top of my wallet to keep it away from my skin when it is on and capable of receiving calls and texts. Also, when I see people keeping their cellphone in their Heart pocket in their shirt or jacket I cringe because that could cause damage to their hearts over time. So, thinking about these things in order to stay alive and healthy is a useful thing for those of us who like being alive. For those who don't like being alive maybe it doesn't matter? To each his or her own.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.