Governor Elect Brown was already the Governor of California in the 1970s as was his father, Pat Brown also Governor of California before then. Also, Senator Boxer was re-elected and what is really surprising everyone is that Majority Leader of the Senate, Harry Reid has also been re-elected.
In the U.S. House of Representatives Republicans have now won 60 or more seats which is the most seats in any election gain by the Republicans in the House since 1948, the year I was born. John Boehnor pronounced Bay nor is the new Speaker of the House.
Since there is liable to be complete gridlock between the U.S. House and Senate I wouldn't expect very much of importance to be accomplished between a Democratic run Senate and a Republican run House and the President with not only the Veto Pen but also the Line Item Veto pen.
However, things have definitely changed and many sitting Representatives of the house that have been there since the 1990s and before have been swept out of office both Republican and Democrat in this crazy crazy year. What will the future bring? I would say Gridlock just like 1994 to 1996 with House Speaker Gingrich is what we should all expect if we are realistic about the next 2 years.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.