I was watching a program on the history channel about the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa and watched how it affected the weather patterns for several years worldwide. They also mentioned a much more intense eruption around 500 AD in basically the same place. This eruption caused so much dust from 20,000 feet to 100,000 feet that kept circling the planet that it changed the weather worldwide for a much longer period.
There are many theories that these kinds of huge eruptions that put incredible amounts of volcanic dust in the upper atmosphere also reduce temperatures worldwide by as much as 10 degrees for ten to fifty years or more until the dust settles again to earth through both wind and rain and snow storms after many many years.
In thinking about this I realized that this kind of affect either accidental (act of God)or artificial Krakatoa created by mankind to reduce worldwide temperatures could greatly change the temperatures downward for somewhere between 10 to 50 years.
However, we would have to be in pretty desperate circumstances worldwide for the world to agree to something like this. Because it would be unknown who would die from the early affects of this even though it might buy mankind 10, 50 or even 100 years to find a better solution to global warming.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Amnesiac medications
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Kurzweil Graph of exponential growth of computing
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Are Xanax and Valium and other similar drugs the next opioid Crisis? Yes, it's already here.