Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Armour Thyroid

When I was finally diagnosed with thyroid deficiency when I was 58 and I started taking Armour Thyroid I felt like I was 30 again. It was really amazing. There were absolutely no side affects like one gets with most prescription medicines. None at all. However, this summer suddenly without waring Armour thyroid is no longer being made and those of it taking it( some for 50 years) since as far back as the 1940s are screwed. Because the alternatives all seem to have some kind of side affects or don't work properly.

Because I had a bursa in my heel this year I had to reduce my walking about 80% or it would never heal. Since I tend to be very active for my age walking and biking and hiking and motorcyling this has been awful. To have to deal with Armour thyroid leaving permanently I am now dealing with heart arrythmia like I had before being diagnosed with thyroid deficiency. Only now, I haven't had to deal with all this for over three years of feeling once again I was 30. What I miss the most is the evenness of the Armour Thyroid. However, I have found that God seems to have an unseen reason for everything he(or she or the being) does over the years so I have to believe there is a reason for everything. There always has been before. However, I miss feeling like I was 30 for now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Grey said...

I have through a lot certain medication, it seems i'm just to sensitive, but bovine thyroid as different i had no issues with except for great improvements.