Even though the name Basterds is misspelled it is intentional. And it is important to say right off the bat the movie is completely fictional. So, you feel like you are watching another comic book movie. It is very artistically done and expect to be emotionally ravaged rather that a whole lot of blood and guts(although there is that too) but compared to Kill Bill 1 and 2 it is a baby story. But emotionally he cuts the audience deep. So don't expect to leave the movie unscathed unless you really can keep telling yourselves you are watching a fictitious comic book written by Tarantino.
What I found amazing is that in a strange way the Inglorious Basterds are terorists and at one point some of them strap bombs to themselves. So, in a very strange way you finally get to the point of seeing the Inglorious Basterds as American Jewish Terrorists against the Nazis who are willing to do literally anything to piss the Nazis off including the scalping and disemboweling of their victims. But for those of you who might be squeamish you don't see disemboweling, mostly slaughter of people unarmed by machine gun and guns and one by a baseball bat. But if you can handle it I found Inglorious Basterds maybe the next best movie to Pulp Fiction, which I feel was Tarantinos penultimate movie so far. But that's just me.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Dow Drops 2,997.10 today: Record Drop!
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- The Latest: Investors unsure how virus will impact profits
- See Which States and Cities Have Told Residents to Stay at Home